Advertising Terms and Conditions
Copyright in The Colac Herald newspaper and its associated publications including www.colacherald.com.au is held by Gannon Newspapers Pty Ltd, trading as The Colac Herald. Reproduction of any portion including advertisements or photographs without written permission is forbidden and may constitute an offence.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All advertisements are subject to the approval of The Colac Herald and accepted subject to the Regulations and Advertising Codes of the Media Council of Australia as interpreted by the Advertising Standards Council and the Australian Newspapers Council.
2. The position of Advertisements is entirely at the decision of the Publisher.
3. While every endeavour will be made to publish advertisements as ordered, no guarantee will be given, nor any liability accepted for non-appearance of advertisements.
4. Cancellations will not be accepted after booking deadline. Space booked and cancelled after booking deadline will be charged at the order price. Any advertisement cancelled within 7 days of the booking deadline will be subject to an administration charge of 15% of the order price.
5. The Publisher reserves the right to reject any advertisement considered unsuitable for publication.
6. Advertisements will be charged on the size of the material supplied, the space ordered or frequency of publication, whichever is the greater.
7. Editorial style advertisements must be distinguishable as advertising and the words “Advertising Feature” placed at the head of the advertisement.
8. It is the responsibility of the Advertisers or Advertising Agent to notify The Publisher of any error published, immediately after publication. The Publisher is not responsible for recurring errors.
9. Credit arrangements must be established before any advertising being accepted without prepayment. Credit application forms are available from The Colac Herald office.
10. Space orders, where issued, will apply for a maximum of 12 months from the date of issue.
11. Space orders must stipulate the volume level and appropriate advertising rate which will be used as the basis for charging throughout the advertising period.
12. Where advertising space use exceeds the level specified, within the advertising period, a rebate will be paid to the next space use rate only as set down in the Publisher’s Rate Card applicable as at the date of order to the utilised proportion of the col./cm space ordered. Where the advertising use does not meet the level specified in the space order, within the advertising period, a surcharge will apply to the relevant rate level achieved.
13. The advertising rates quoted on a space order are subject to increase or decrease relative to fluctuations in the general advertising rate, throughout the space order period.
14. The Publisher reserves the right to cancel or suspend any space order at will.
15. The trading terms are strictly payment nett cash, 30 days from date of invoice. Advertisers and/or advertising agencies upon and by lodging material with the Publisher for publication or authorising or approving of the publication of any material INDEMNIFY The Publisher its servants and agents against all liability claims or proceedings whatsoever arising from the publication and without limiting the generality of the foregoing to indemnify each of them in relation to defamation, slander of title, breach of copyright, infringement of trademarks or names of publication titles, unfair competition or trade practices, royalties or violation of rights or and privacy AND WARRANT that the material complies with all relevant laws and regulations and that its publication will not give rise to any rights against or liabilities against The Publisher, its servants or agents and in particular that nothing therein is capable of being misleading or deceptive or otherwise in breach of the Trade Practices Act 1974.
1. All General Advertising Condition apply.
2. Full name and address of advertiser must be supplied, even if not included in the advertisement.
3. The publisher reserves the right to omit or amend either by addition or deletion any advertisement for any reason without being liable to the advertiser or the advertising agency concerned.
4. Whilst the publisher agrees to exercise reasonable care, the publisher shall not be liable to either the advertiser or advertising agency in respect of the accidental omission of, or errors in, or mis-classification of any advertisement.
5. Classified advertisements are classified under the heading to which the publisher determines they legitimately belong. Classification is for the convenience of readers and the publisher is not bound to insert any advertisement under a heading, which, in the opinion of the publisher, does not fulfil this requirement.
6. Signatures of both parties (or parents if minors are involved) are required before engagement and wedding notices can be accepted.
7. Signature of parents is required before Birth notices can be accepted.
8. The advertiser upon and by lodging material with the publisher for publication or authorising or approving of the publication of any material indemnifies the publisher, its servants and agents against all liability claims or proceedings whatsoever arising from the publication and without limiting the generality of the foregoing so indemnifies each of them in relation of defamation, slander or libel, breach of copyright, infringement of trade mark or names or program titles, unfair competition or trade practices, royalties or violation of rights of privacy and warrants that the material complies with all relevant laws and regulations and that its publication will not give rise to any rights against or liabilities in the publisher, his servants or agents.
9. Any errors in multiple insertion advertisements after the first day of publication or after any copy changes are not the responsibilities of the publisher.