AN ELECTRICAL fault sparked alarm at a Colac bank.
Colac Fire Brigade incident controller Mark Gunning said Westpac Bank workers called authorities after they noticed a smoke smell and parts of the building lost power.
“The occupants of the building heard some strange noises followed by a strong smell of something burning,” Mr Gunning said.
“It was evidence of an electrical fault in the building,” he said.
Mr Gunning said firefighters used breathing equipment and thermal imaging to inspect and isolate the building’s electrical circuits.
“You don’t get that smell without something – there would be some small circuitry burnt somewhere but we were pretty happy with how we left it,” he said.
“They will be getting an electrician in to have a look and that was our advice to them.”
Three Colac Fire Brigade units and about 10 firefighters attended the incident on Friday afternoon.